- Responsible for all aspects of soil, concrete and asphalt testing per standard and regulation, at each assigned job-site in the field.
- Performs routine to very complex field test and observations to verify conformance to construction plans and specifications.
- Responsible for proper procedures, accurate computations, and good working relationships with clients and/or contractors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes samples of soil, concrete and asphalt, performs requested tests and prepares samples for transporting.
- Transports materials within the required time to the lab for additional testing.
- Works closely with clients, contractors and inspectors on job sites.
Accurately document all testing performed, in a timely basis to maximize value to client.
- Maintains and protects company equipment assigned to them.
Trains other field technicians as requested.
- Report to dispatcher prior to leaving the jobsite.
- Submit paperwork daily and timecard by end of week.
- Dress professionally and appropriately.
- Ability to read, comprehend and understand specifications and plans and the ability to write reports documenting job performed.
Knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to perform calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with clients, contractors, inspectors and co-workers.
- Certifications in Nuclear Gauge and Radiation Safety and American Concrete Institute (ACI).
- Current Nevada driver’s license in good standing.
- Work requires the ability to walk on uneven ground and up slopes and hills.
- Stooping, bending, pushing, lifting, climbing in and out of trenches, and up and down ladders are required.
- Ability to be honest and maintain the integrity of the company.
- Outdoors in all types of weather conditions at extreme locations.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.