- Responsible for all aspects of soil, concrete and asphalt testing within the laboratory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs requested tests on soil, concrete and asphalt.
- Prepares back-up paperwork for all tests performed.
- Maintains and protects company equipment.
- Trains other lab technicians as requested.
- Ability to read, comprehend and understand specifications and plans; and the ability to write reports documenting job performed.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to perform calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
Multi-task abilities required.
- Work requires the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- The ability to stoop, bend, push, and lift of an average of 30 pounds is required.
- Indoors in a laboratory environment around different types of soil, concrete and asphalt.
- At times the lab is open to all types of weather conditions.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.